Friday, April 13, 2007

Closing Night

With Joan one of the extras in the production.

With Ros who played one of the wealthier ladies in the production.

It was the closing night of our production, Oscar Wilde's Lady Windermere's Fan, tonight. I enjoyed the company of all the actors and had a good time laughing with them when they retold limericks and jokes they had heard while waiting around for rehearsals to start (twice, rehearsals only started 2.5 hours after the stated time). The commitment for this production for the bit part actor I was (I only had 4 lines in Act 4 and had a non-speaking role on Act 2) was so much higher than I expected. As I ranted previously, I couldn't take time off for one rehearsal but realised later that one other actor did get some time off from rehearsal cos she was the director's friend. I felt like favouritism was exercised. I'm so glad this is now over....back to my studies!

No comments: