Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Shovelling Sand for Water Tanks

I took time in lieu (time off) and woke up really early today to help my in laws shovel sand before their 2 water tanks were delivered today. The sand forms the base for the tanks. There is alot of preparation in order such as getting their electricity supply connected and excavating the ground for the granny flat my in laws have bought to be sited on. The granny flat is a portable house so it's currently being built off-site and scheduled to be completed in 2 months' time. Phill didn't have to take time-off cos he was on his school holidays.


The arrival of the 2 water tanks....in a huge trailer.




Shovelling Sand - boy, that was tough! I shovelled for about 45 mins.



My father-in-law and Phill (pictured) did so well shovelling sand. They were so fast. My mum-in-law and I were not as fast. But we were so early shovelling sand at 8am (my in laws were shovelling for 30 mins when Phill and I arrived) but the tanks didn't arrive until 4pm! Well, at least we were quite prepared when they arrived.

No comments: