Friday, March 17, 2006

A milestone

Phill and I had dinner at the Mansfield Hotel, to celebrate our 10th anniversary of officially being together (dating), which happens to be St Patrick's Day.

When we arrived at the hotel, thinking we didn't have to book, we were greeted by a crowd of customers who were already seated and a long line of customers waiting to place their orders. Undeterred, we were shown to our seats, which looked like the only ones left, and I quickly placed my order for a steak (any kind as long as it's not T-bone) and Phill went off to queue.

We waited for about 45 mins before we were served and although I was hungry before we even arrived, my hunger was placated by the appetiser - garlic bread. Yum!

It was a really good meal. Phill had chicken schnitzel and he liked it. I still love my steak.

Even though there were no anniversary cards, pressies or snaps (I better not ask for them after I bought those boots too) to remember this milestone, I carry with me a memory of what Phill said to me yesterday when we were in Melbourne.

"To think 10 years ago to this day, we were not whole."

No comments: