Sunday, March 05, 2006

Campdraft

I made a detour before heading to church this morning by going to the Mansfield Showgrounds to take photo of the Campdraft. Didn't really know what campdraft is all about. From what I know with colleagues explaining to me and this campdraft website, it involves a horse rider showing to a panel of judges that he has control over a beast (usually cattle) and when he is ready, he signals for a gate to be opened and guides the beast through those gates.

I didn't stay very long but sufficient enough to be impressed at the hobbies some people have and the passion and pleasure they derive from it.

Some pics I took:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You called that passion, and pleasure, boy sure is, driving a cattle to go your way against its will. I have done that with my two children, it never works most of the time. hahahahah
maybe they are not beast that is why