Thursday, March 16, 2006

Boots

I took leave today and tomorrow to spend time with Phill cos he's on 2 weeks of school holidays and cos tomorrow is our 10th anniversary of officially being together/ dating.

We went to Melbourne today and had a great time. We both bought a couple of books. I bought one on a woman's experience fostering kids for 30 years, Mixed Blessings by Deborah Lee, and another on punctuation, Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. Phill bought his military tank modelling books.

For lunch, Phill and I had dim sum at Shark's Fin restaurant (one of the more popular ones in Melbourne to have dim sum) and we had 8 little dim sum dishes. They were all yum, especially the century egg porridge, sticky rice and char siew pau (phill really love the latter two dishes). The char siew paus are very delicious and they use lean meat, no fat in sight. Yum, yum, yum!

And I also got my hands on a pair of boots I wanted very much. I don't have a pair of boots to wear during winter and wanted a really nice one and comfortable that I can wear for ages. I first saw it on the camper website but then it was sold out everywhere I looked on the internet until I called the melbourne store and they had it!!!! *jumping with glee* Before we went into the store, Phill said cos I am short, the boots may not look right. But when I wore it, we both agreed it was beautiful (but we disagreed on how much we would pay for a pair of boots). After a day's walking around and contemplation, I finally got it!!!! So happy and now, I can't wait to wear it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

muahahahaha phill's always the more thrifty one :P

well, if it's worth the $, then it's worth buying! :D

Tora said...

i also say....hahahaha! =P

But to phill, it's not worth the $$$, to me, if its quality stuff, worth every cent.... =P =P