Saturday, March 25, 2006

At Alex

Phill and I went to Alexandra (about 1 hour's drive from Mansfield) this afternoon to spend some time with my in laws who are helping the family friends house-sit while they are away on a 3-week holiday. I haven't been there since more than a year ago, when they just moved to the place.

I hadn't seen the garden all set up and everything and when we arrived, I thought it was really beautiful. But I know I couldn't have a similar garden myself cos of the work involved and I'm just so lazy and not a green thumb either. I need sturdy plants that can survive my forgetfulness and all, maybe a cactus....hahahah!

For dinner, we bought three large pizzas, surpreme, hawaiian and chicken, but Phill and I didn't think they were that great except for the chicken, which was yum!

We spent the afternoon and evening there watching the Commonwealth Games high jump and running events. Felt sad for an Australian athlete, Craig Mottram, who looked like he had a chance of getting a medal, perhaps even a gold, when he was tripped up by an English athlete and never regained his position. I felt so sad for him.

I was frustrated though at not getting any replays of Singapore's table tennis players winning their medals!!! Arrrgghhhh!

No comments: