Friday, May 04, 2007

Gala Dinner & Martin's Centre

Above: Nadia and her friend at the gala dinner.

Above: The graceful yet very strong acrobat (a la Cirque de Soleil) unwrapping herself from a length of cloth hanging from the ceiling. It was impressive!

Above: Nadia and I at the dinner (I am so fat!!!) and I'm wearing one of the necklaces I bought at Subiaco this morning.

Above: Some of the great food at the dinner, appetisers, followed by the chicken (other choice was beef) and then the sweet (dessert). By the time of the dessert, I was so full but ate the dessert anyway (hence the feeling fat and am fat look - I can't say no to food).

Above: The band who provided the musical enterainment of the night were made up of planners. They were called the Sub-dividers (hahahahah! - Planners who approve subdivision applications).


I had a great time at the gala dinner (which concluded the PIA conference) and invited Nadia to the dinner cos there was a spare ticket. I met up with one of her friends and we had a good conversation. They were both really nice! The whole atmosphere was so nice, the table decor was beautiful, and the food was delicious, the entertainment (an acrobat a la Cirque de Soleil) and a band consisting of planners, and the table Nadia and I were on consisted of all girls who were fun. Even though they were very dressed up, they were a hoot and wasn't all formal and everything.


Then at 10pm, Nadia asked if I wanted to go and have a drink at a Revolving Restaurant which was not a far walk from the conference centre where the gala dinner was. So, that's what we did. And I felt abit concerned cos the streets in Perth were deserted. And even though Nadia was wearing high heels, she gamely walked the 20 mins to the Revolving Restaurant at Martins Centre. We spent an hour there and it was fun, looking at all the sights as the restaurant slowly spun around. As I was looking down on the city, all I can think of was "I hope the restaurant don't spontaneously spin off and drop down onto the city"....me and my strange mind....



Above: Nadia shaking hands with her favourite "businessman" sculpture outside Martins Centre (the revolving restaurant was on the 42nd floor).

Above: As Nadia explained to me, the sculpture marked the change in attire and technology used by businessmen over time. A really unique and cool sculpture!

No comments: