Friday, May 04, 2007

Sights of Subiaco and Perth

Above: The entrance of the Subiaco Station, which was part of a major transformation, turning industrial land to commercial/ residential uses. Most of the nice houses in Subiaco, I'm told are very expensive, at least $1 million too. It's a nice area.



The Subiaco Hotel where I went after the "Amazing Race" event at East Peth. A nice hotel.


Chutney Marys (http://www.chutneymarys.com.au/home.html) where I had dinner with Nadia. Yum! Yum!


I saw a really nice jewellery shop when I was at Subiaco with Nadia last night and decided to skip the morning session of the conference to go to Subiaco and have a closer look at that shop. I went and had a nice breakfast of bagel and ham and coffee and then walked around a second-hand bookstore, and then to the jewellery shop where I spent a good part of the time and bought about 5 necklaces. The shop owner was having a 50% discount on most of her stuff cos she had sold her business and was clearing her stock. I was really happy with all my purchases and didn't regret it abit although it did cause a dent in my pocket, but it was the only indulgence I had in my whole trip so I thought it could be justified.... =P

No comments: