Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A funny start to Singapore

Phill and I spent a good and cosy Christmas Day with my in-laws. My mum-in-law cooked turkey, pork and ham and it was yummy! It was good to spend time with them and just sit down and talk. And we exchanged presents and that was when I unwrapped my ipod video from Phill! Yeah!!! And I bought him a James Bond DVD set which he was happy about.

Early this morning, Phill and I woke up at 3.45am and left the house at 5am for the flight to Singapore - yippeee! We arrived very early at Melbourne airport, about 7.30pm for our 10.30am flight. There was already a long queue when we were there and we found out it was cos the luggage conveyor belt in the entire airport broke down and luggage had to be loaded onto the plane manually. Being in the holiday mood and having checked in via the internet 2 days ago, we weren't fazed.

We had our breakfast at McDonalds, looked around some shops and boarded the Singapore Airlines plane. It was a pretty uneventful trip except when it came to dessert time and I had the giggles when I realised Phill's ice-cream was so much smaller than mine. And no, we did not ask for another ice-cream cos we were so full from the meal and we were keen to get back to the inflight movies. Singapore, here we come!



No comments: