Friday, December 29, 2006

Spectacular HongKong!

It's been a while since our family took a family trip today so I'm really looking to this 5 day trip to Hongkong!!! And even though I've been there thrice before, I still like it enough to want to be there any chance I get. We left early this morning for our 3.5 hour flight to Hongkong - yippeee! While waiting to check in at the airport, we noticed there was an unattended black bag placed under a row of chairs and shortly after, some policemen were alerted to it. They stood around with their guns (whatever the model no. is called) and made sure no-one was in that vicinity. We saw it all from the check-in counters, which was directly opposite the seats. After my mum, brother, his girlfriend, and I went to have our breakfast and came back to the counters, we were told by my dad and Phill that it took the policemen some 30 mins before they worked out the bag was harmless. What if there really was a bomb set to go off in 5 mins? I thought they moved abit too slowly for security's sake.

On arrival, we had to wait a while for others to arrive before the tour agency (it's a free and easy package tour with optional tours thrown in) took us to our hotel. We are staying at Kimberley Hotel (which is a mid-range hotel but I found our room to be rather small) and on arrival, we went to a restaurant opposite the hotel to have lunch. It wasn't bad but nothing to write home about. And it's back to the hotel to have a nap before our city tour tonight.

Phill and I enjoyed the city tour even though we went on most of the sights before, it was good to see it again - Victoria Peak at nite (only saw it once in the day), ferry ride from Hongkong Island to Kowloon (not been on it at night), dinner at a restaurant at Hongkong Island, Avenue of Stars at the Harbour, and the open top bus tour (which was fun!!!).

My husband, the chivalrous one, who was wise enough to take a jumper with him and then gave it to me cos I didn't bring any and boy, was it cold at Victoria Peak. My teeth were chattering!

The view from Victoria Peak. It was difficult to get a good clear shot. Most of my photos were blurry and it was so windy then....




My family on the ferry ride - (L-R) Mum, Cherie (bro's girlfriend), Gary (my brother), Dad and Phill!

View from the Harbour on the Avenue of Stars

Trying to get a quick photo on board the open top bus. It wasn't easy as most photos came out blurry. Phill, Gary, Cherie and I were taking in turns (like a relay run) to take photos. With the wind blowing and messing our hair, it wasn't easy either but boy, was it fun!




A final shot of the streets in Hongkong at night atop the bus before we had to alight and off we went to the ladies and men's markets to shop, shop, shop!

No comments: