Thursday, August 31, 2006

Phill's Birthday!

It's Phill's birthday, which is also Malaysia's Independence Day! He's 33 now, although I thought he was going to turn 32.... =P But no sweat, one of his karate friends thought he was only 26! So, what is age? It's only how we look that matters or is that self-consolation....heehee!

I gave Phill a birthday card in the morning and one of the things he did was to take out the birthday present from my parents, a tank model which he's going to build one day. It wasn't even yet sold in Australia when my parents took it over during their visit in July. He absolutely loves that present and kept talking about it.

After work, I gave him a really big parcel (had no idea who it was from) and told him to open it. When he did and I saw his football club emblem, I wished him happy birthday cos it was the present I had ordered for him. I had only ordered them 2 days ago so I was surprised they delivered it so quickly! They were both books, one on the history of the premiership team in 1927-1930 who won the championship 4 years in a row, and the other were on stories from fans and well-known celebrities talking about their love for Collingwood.

In the evening, together with his parents, we had a lovely meal at Magnolia Restaurant. It's the first time we were there and Phill's mum and him had steak, I had venison and his dad had chicken. Everyone loved their meal, so did i, but my venison was abit tough. Phill's steak was literally "melt in your mouth".....really yummy! I regretted not having a steak.

After dinner, we had cappuccino and latte (except Phill) and then the waitress brought out the blackforest cake I had ordered from a bakery. We proceeded home to have a slice of the cake! Yummy!










No comments: