Thursday, December 01, 2005

A wonderful day!

I received a call this morning from a recently retired local doctor whom I had interview several weeks ago about the spread of noxious weeds, Paterson's Curse, in our area. She said it showed through my article that I had done research on the subject and it was a well-written article. I was glowing from that call. But that was not the end of it.

Later in the morning, Steve showed me a letter written by the chairperson of Mansfield's Relay for Life event which I covered recently. She had addressed the letter to my group editor and said that my articles were well-written, timely, and accurate, something not seen in the local papers for the past few years. She also said I always had a smile wherever I went. What a letter!

And I asked Steve if I could photocopy that letter so I could pull it out to encourage myself on a bad day. He laughed and said I could have the original letter after he faxed it to my group editor.

Later that day, I also realised I hadn't thank Steve for his good feedback on my work that prompted my bosses to move me up to 2nd year cadet. His reply was that I should take 100% credit for it because of my approach to work and quality articles. I thought that was very nice of him!

What a wonderful and encouraging day! I was on a high for the entire day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you are seeing his good side more and more.

Steve said you should take 100%, I disagree, you may have put in a good work without his recommendation you may not be noticed.

We must and always see others through the eyes of Christ that way we will not meet too much disappointments.

Keep up the good work

So PROUD of you

Tora said...

Thanks, Mum. Actually, the whole upgrading thing was sparked cos of an email I sent enquiring if I was on 4 weeks or 6 weeks annual leave. But no doubt, Steve's good review helped too. =O)