Friday, December 23, 2005

Heading Home

Phill and I were fairly early at the Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne waiting for our flight to Singapore. As we passed through customs, suddenly, the lights all went off. So instead of walking through the shops like I'd like to, we ended up sitting at some seats waiting for the lights to come on. Perhaps, it was more me than Phill since he was happy just sitting and reading. In the meantime, a lady came up to me to ask for my comments about the airport. Phill had the same experience when we were in Hongkong and someone asked for his feedback on Hongkong and the airport. We gave good reviews. For Melbourne, I thought of good things to say about the airport which was abit difficult when I was tempted to say how could a blackout happened for so long, that I've never experienced such an incident when I'm at Changi Airport.

About 45 mins-1 hour later, the power came back on and Phill and I went to browse the books at the only bookshop there. When we boarded the flight, we were pleased to see that we were leaving 5 mins earlier than scheduled. That's the difference between SIA and other airlines, at least there's a chance of arriving earlier. For most other airlines I've been on, its only fortunate if they're not too late by 20-30 minutes.

However, I'm not sure if its the plane or the weather, once we took off, the plane was shaking pretty hard and I had to grip Phill's hands fairly tightly. I sure was glad he was on the flight with me. I was worried cos I've never experienced turbulence that bad. It made everything shake from side to side instead of up and down, which would have made me want to throw up. That took place for about an hour or more.

Finally, it settled and we watched some movies, tried to sleep and the last 4 hours went by slowly for me. I think I get restless after about 3 hours of being in the air. Finally, we were on Singapore soil and it was good to see my parents again. I even noticed my mum lost weight!

No comments: