Friday, December 09, 2005

Company's Christmas Party

Phill and I went for my company's Christmas Party at Wangaratta earlier. We arrived at 7pm, thinking we were really late. However, the speeches that were supposed to kick off at 7pm didn't happen til about 7.45pm. In the meantime, we kept ourselves busy with appetisers such as oysters (didn't eat them), prawns, salad, and bread. It was yum!

I didn't know very many people there since they were all from head office although the few I knew did come over to my table and say hi. And I sat with some of them I've worked with previously so that was nice.

I saw Steve and his girlfriend there too and we ended spending the rest of the evening talking to each other. His girlfriend is really nice.

Our dinner was a buffet one of roast beef, pork, salads, spaghetti salad, more bread, and all you can drink beer, soft drink and wine. Dessert was a fruity cheesecake and the food was yum, yum, yum!

Phill said at least my company provides a nice Christmas meal for their staff cos his school's Christmas party which we're going to next Saturday is BYO (bring your own). But I guess being a country school, they don't have a budget for such activities.

Phill and I finally left at 10pm and we arrived home at about 11.10pm, exhausted. I didn't have to drive though but Phill has done quite abit of driving today - to school, from school, to party and back home.

No comments: