Saturday, November 24, 2007

A new future for Australia!

Phill and I attended an election party at my parents-in-law house and it was fun! We both wore our "Kevin 07" T-shirts and had our family friends over from Alexandra too. I was abit apprehensive about wearing the T-shirts initally cos I didn't know if our family friends were liberal or labor but apparently they're the latter - phew! And they all had a good laugh at our T-shirts - probably even impressed at our fervent support for Labor.

I was very surprised and delighted when the defining result came through at past 10pm that Labor had won enough seats to form government!!! I had enough of the Howard government and earlier thought that if Liberal still wins another term, then the next best result will be if John Howard could lose his seat - so imagine my joy when both happened! Both the Liberal party and Howard were kicked out of government!!!

My hope for Australia is that we have a better future - a brighter one too!

No comments: