Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kindness...to lift the spirit

I had to be in Melbourne today as I was attending a course on planning law, which was really useful and good! I enjoyed it and yet realised how much more I didn't know....shucks!


Anyway, after the course, I was walking around and walking towards this cafe that had bar stools facing one of the main roads (Bourke St) and a few guys in suits were sitting on the bar stools. On the pedestrian walkway was a beggar and then I heard a whistle and a shout-out to the beggar from the guys in suits and was wondering if they were going to taunt and tease him. Then I turned around and saw them pass him a brown bag, which I think is some food as they must have seen him look through the dustbins. And the way the guy in the suit handed the beggar the food was understated and not showy like some people are with "see, i'm doing a kind deed" was even more touching. It really made me smile inside!


I was also the recipient of a kind deed with one planner whom I know offering me a lift back home so I didn't have to wait around until the evening to take the train home. And she asked her friends whom I realised I knew cos they worked in the same town I work in and I had a lift back in the car. I was happy and grateful!!!

No comments: