Sunday, June 04, 2006




















It's my father-in-law's 70th birthday today and Phill and I wanted it to be a special celebration for him so we agreed to take him and my mum-in-law to Puffing Billy. It's a steam train ride (lasts 3 hours) on first class fare which includes an enclosed area and food (yum!).

We set off at 8.15am and arrived there very early at 10.30am. The train doesn't leave til 12.20pm so we stopped at a local cafe and had a coffee. And we slowly took a walk around the streets and shops until it was 12pm.

It was a fun ride. The last time Phill and I went was about 7 years ago. We had 2 stop overs at Menzies Creek and Emerald Lake, where you can hire paddle boats. Phill and I hired the boat the last time and I remembered us having heaps of fun but I think Phill did alot of the paddling, that's why it was fun for me..... =P

At the end of the ride, Phill drove us home and we arrived at about 5.30pm, rested for a while and then took my parents-in-law to dinner at a local hotel. I had steak which I shared with Phill and it was yum! My mum-in-law had soup and my dad-in-law had chicken schnitzel (crumbed chicken). We then headed back to our place, had a cake cutting and ate some.

Shortly after, my parents-in-law headed home and before she left, my mum-in-law said to me," Vic, you brought life to my life." I thought that was a really nice thing to say!

We believe my parents-in-law enjoyed their day and I'm so glad!

No comments: