Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A day I love

Nearing the end of our trip in Singapore, one of the things I love on this trip was an opportunity to have lunch with my brother. I hadn't really seen much of him so far in this trip. Today, for lunch, he brought Phill and I went to have wan tan mee (a noodle dish) at Peace Centre. It was yum, especially the fried dumplings which had a special sweet sauce. Then Phill went to his tank modelling shop at Sunshine Plaza and then we did abit of last minute shopping.

For dinner, Phill and I took my parents and Gary to have seafood at Melben (at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, the coffeeshop opposite Ai Tong Primary School). We arrived there at 8pm and after taking our order (surprisingly, we got a table really quick cos a family in front of us vacated their table just as we started standing there), she said we'll have to wait 1 hour.

I was already very hungry and didn't think I could wait that long. So, we had some chicken wings and in 20 minutes, the first dish arrived. Happy, happy, joy, joy! I asked why did they say it was 1 hour when it was only 20 mins and Gary said they wanted to under-promise and over-deliver to make their customers happy.

We had chilli and butter crabs, vegetables (dou miao), yam and vegetables dish, fried buns, cereal prawns....in all, about 7 dishes! There were so many of them, we had trouble fitting them on the table. And we loved every bit of them, especially Phill and I since we don't eat seafood in Australia cos its expensive, except for the usual fish and chips.















After that, we went to ah yi's house at past 10pm and talked to her friends, sang karaoke, ate, drank, and had coconut jelly which was yum! Even Phill who normally doesn't like coconut liked it. It was great to hang out!

Any day with family and friends is a wonderful one!

No comments: