Thursday, January 12, 2006

Back home in Australia

Our last day in Singapore was quite frenzy, as it usually is. I managed to drop by at the arts council to say hi to friends who were still there but every time I'm there, there are fewer people I know. And got some CDs which I wanted - INXS, Nickelback, Rene Liu, Lisa Ono, Shakira, Robbie Williams, Foo Fighters.

When we arrived home in the late afternoon, I had a short nap which I really needed. I was starting not to sound coherent cos I was so tired and I wondered why since I had a really good sleep the night before.

When I woke up, it was 5pm and Phill and I started packing until past 7pm. We were exasperated, worried, and abit tense cos we were trying our best to fit our shopping in our luggage and hopefully, not exceed the limit.

I had a chance to take a break from the packing and have some durian my mum bought for me. Yum! My first taste of durian since I was back.

And then we were off to the airport at about 8pm. Our 2 luggages weighed 52kg so it went through without a problem. Phew!

After that, I was trying to locate the kopitiam which had nice kaya toast the last time I was there. I couldn't believe how many changes the airport has made since I was last there 6 months ago. I wanted my kaya toast! Then I realised, after settling for Polar (not as nice), that it was at Terminal 1. Duh! No time to go there now.

When it was time to say goodbye, I couldn't help but shed tears. My mum and I had our fair share of disagreements and arguing even though i was at home for only abt 3 weeks but I accept that its a normal mother-daughter relationship, and we do love each other very much. As I was leaving, I couldn't believe how little I see of my parents. Just 2-3 weeks a year. That kept my tears flowing...

There were also many friends and family I hadn't seen on this trip. Maybe I wasn't organised enough...I hope I'm more organised in my next trip.

The drive back from the airport to our home in Mansfield took about 2.5 hours. I slept for 40 mins mid-way through the trip and tried to stay awake the rest of the way so that I could help keep Phill awake by chatting to him. I remembered my dad told me the role of the front passenger is not to fall asleep but help to keep the driver awake. I must admit I was successful only sometime.

Today, Phill looked real tired as he was driving us home...

We arrived home at about 12.30pm. It was nice to be home but I still miss Singapore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Singapore miss you too.