Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Becoming an actress

Before I left for Singapore about a month ago, I sms-d a lady, Cathie, from the local theatre group to say I was interested in being a part of the productions they will stage this year.

Anyway, when I came back from work after my Christmas holidays, I saw a script on my desk and asked Steve about it. He said Cathie dropped it off while I was away for me to take a look. Apparently, she has suggested I take the role of Jackie, a country cop in her 20s, very fiesty. But.....the thing is, Steve was also offered a part, that of my boyfriend!!!! Another country cop! hahahahaha! What a laugh! I reckon it'll be quite awkward but fun though! Fortunately, we don't have to kiss, hug or whatever. The script is funny and serious but has a good ending. And it also has me arguing with Steve most of the time, so that's good, rather than intimate scenes.

The difference though was that Steve was offered the part but I had to audition. So I was still quite nervous about whether I'll get the part.

Anyway, Cathie came in today and asked if I liked the script and I said "yes" and she said "okay, just come for rehearsals next week". And that was it. I got the part! Smooth....=O)

Now, I'm nervous and excited!!! Yiippeeee! I hope I remember all my lines. Nothing like forgetting your lines on stage......arrrgghhhh!

No comments: