Saturday, August 18, 2007

Moving....

Phill and I, with the help of my parents-in-law and 2 family friends (a couple in their 70s), moved our worldly possessions from our 3 bedroom unit in the Mansfield township to a rural property (22 acres) at Lima yesterday.

For the past week, Phill and I have been busy packing away and he was getting abit too laid back and too calm about all the packing. I keep seeing things that remain unpacked and he kept saying they will be done. But I wanted them done way before we had to move and I think the packing and stress really made us get on each other's nerves!

However, this morning, we did have things packed and when my parents-in-law and family friends arrived, they helped us load the truck (which we loaned yesterday) with the lounge suite loaned to us by my friend Lynn and her husband Steve, and then they returned with the truck and managed to load all the big items - fridge, King size bed, treadmill, washing machine, dryer, and dining table all onto the truck. We made it in one go! And my mum-in-law, family friend (Joan), and I cleaned the house and vacuumed it too. We managed to do them all under 3 hours which I was really impressed. It took the stress away and my parents-in-law prepared and helped us with alot of things that helped lightened the stress of moving.

First thing we set up at our new house (not really new, it's about 20+ year old weatherboard house) was.....the TV!!! Priorities, priorities. However, we couldn't find the remote control for some time but I managed to after a few hours and ruffling through some bags. We are leaving the rest of the unpacked stuff for the next year or so to unpack. For now, we're just having a break from the stress of it all....

No comments: