Monday, August 20, 2007

Another move and then...peace

I've recently moved (yup, another move) to work for another planning team but I'm still in the same department and unit but doing a different type of planning - statutory planning, which I think will be better for me as I'm a new planner and need to start from the basics (learning more about micro planning). I started work at the strategic planning (macro planning) unit previously but found myself feeling lost because I didn't have the experience nor had the understanding of the work that went behind the strategic work.

The new planning team are also made up of colleagues which I get along better with because they're a crazy bunch of people - fun-loving but who also work very hard. I look forward to working and learning from them!

On another note, I have also been recently approached by another section in the dept to help out as a media communications adviser temporarily while they look for someone permanent. They asked if I was interested in it permanently (and to submit my application if I am) but I said I'm happy to help them temporarily but intend to return to my planning job. I've asked my supervisor and he very kindly said he will support me after he teased me and pretended he won't let me go. The manager I'll be working for, from what I've seen so far, is really nice and I know I'll learn alot from her. This temporary position also pays better because it is of a higher band (band 4, from my current band 3).... sweet!!!

2 comments:

Mascot Travel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tiramisho said...

pictures! pictures! pictures!!??!! ;p