Friday, April 21, 2006

Baby Miki

One of the things that is under my portfolio is taking pics of newborn babies at the hospital (one assignment that always lifts my spirits, if I'm down). Today, I took a photo of the 2nd child a daughter named Miki, born to a Japanese lady and her Ausssie husband. Her first child, a daughter, Maya, was also there as well as her brother who was visiting from Japan.

Initially, when I arrived, they were looking for her brother cos he went for a short walk and they were keen to have him in the pic. I told them I could wait and offered to wait outside the room. They offered me a seat instead in her room and we started talking about how I came to be living in Mansfield. She asked if I would give up my citizenship and I said no, and she nodded. Then I said I'll want my kids to have dual citizenship when I have kids, and she said both her kids have dual citizenship but they will have to choose either Aussie or Japanese citizenship when they turn 22.

It was nice to be able to speak to someone who have gone through the process and which I have some questions about. I hope I have the chance to meet her again. She seems nice and her kids were cute, esp the newborn, who slept right through even though we were talking fairly loudly. And you won't be able to tell she just gave birth. She was so slim!

No comments: