Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Tsunami

Can't believe the escalating devastation of the Tsunami affecting India, Thailand, Indonesia right now. When the earthquakes first occurred in Acheh, my cynical response was that its just one of the many news items of the day.......didn't ever think it would have gone on to affect so many others......I hate to find out the estimated death toll cos everytime it jumps tremendously.......4,000.......8,000......14,000..........60,0000!!!!

I am afraid to read anymore of the reports cos whatever I've read so far have brought tears to my eyes.......the only heartening thing is to know that my friends around me have taken action and passed on messages about how we can help. My church is donating this Sunday's offering to the victims and have sms-d us to come prepared this Sunday. My company has sent an email to say that they are collecting money for the Red Cross Fund. I am going to think twice now when I spend money cos I think about how much more I can give to the victims if I give some things up. Things I take for granted......

My prayer is that all will be comforted, that God's peace will be upon them, that relief and aid will be given to the victims and not siphoned away, that people will come forth not only to donate but go to those devasted areas to help..........God be with all of them!

No comments: