Monday, April 14, 2008

Millie's graduation day

Phill taking Millie through the ropes of an obstacle course

Not a very sharp picture because I took it with my Canon Ixus 75 which is a wonderful and handy camera but doesn't have better flash. I don't envisage myself carrying a huge flash while using this camera either. But...the above pic is of Millie taking her test during her final and 4th lesson of puppy school. She had to walk up a small ramp, sit on the first hula-hoop, and then drop in the second hula-hoop. The puppy school has been good for Millie, and for Phill and I. For us to realise how to train her and to be really patient and persistent with our training. She has been good and always improves from one week to the next. In the 2nd lesson, when the trainer gave her a pig's ear and attempted to take it off her, boy, she growled. This made the trainer ask if we were sure Millie didn't have abit of rottweiler in her. I was surprised how possessive Millie was. We were very pleased with Millie's behaviour towards the other smaller dogs in the class. She is very hyper but she goes down on all fours when she sees a dog which the trainer said is a submissive pose so that the other dogs won't be scared of her. I thought that was really sweet! Millie could have attempted to dominate the other dogs but instead, she decided to make them feel safe and comfortable. I love her!

No comments: