Saturday, February 17, 2007

Eildon Dam

Phill and I visited his parents at Alexandra cos they were helping their friends house sit while they are away holidaying.

While we were there, Phill suggested driving to the Eildon dam (20 mins drive away), and we were sad seeing how low the water levels were. It was so different to our last trip there in 2001 when there were so many people visiting (car parks were full) and the water levels were so high. This time, there was only 2-3 other cars besides ours.

After visiting the dam, we went to a local cafe a short drive away and I had an iced coffee which was a great relief from the heat, while my parents in law had banana milkshakes and Phill had a banana thick shake (which wasn't very thick).

And not long after we arrived home, we (or rather my father in law and Phill) got the bbq going and we had a yummy dinner of sausages, chicken, kebabs and salads made by my mum in law - YUM!






No comments: