Saturday, May 10, 2008

AFL State of Origin

Phill and I made a trip to Melbourne to watch the AFL State of Origin - Victoria (all players from Victoria) vs the Dream Team (from the rest of the state). It was a chance to watch the best AFL players in the country play at the same time, in one spot! I relished the chance to watch them! Below are some pics of our weekend trip to Melbourne.

The chef at KoKo Black where a Singaporean university classmate, Laura, took us for hot chocolate - yummy!
The beautiful arcade where Koko Black is located. Left, Laura and Phill at our table.
The AFL State of Origin Match at Melbourne Cricket Ground (a beautiful stadium)
My colleague, Lauren, me, and Phill at the stadium
The AFL players in action!
More AFL players in action
Me and my favourite dish - spicy mee pok dry noodles!

While I enjoyed the match, the players did hold back though and didn't play as hard as they usually are with their clubs. That is to be expected. But it was a good match, capped with the fact Victoria won!!!

No comments: